That first drop of rain on my eyelid at Mussoorie.

Cool breeze blowing in a dark, cloudy, stormy Mussoorie evening and I stare at the sky above the mountains to see the birds flying back home with their usual chirping. Suddenly a drop of rain falls into my eyelid and creates a hazy vision of Mussoorie Mall road. And then a sudden glimpse of someone after 30 years !!!! 


Before I could take another look at her,  the downpour and the reflections on the rainy streets drove me back to the flashbacks of waiting outside the school gate in those rainy afternoons, covering my face beneath an umbrella after school hours to get a sight of her. We never had the scope to express our love so easily like we do today through sms or messengers. The prolonged wait at the bus shelter after school hours, the weekend opportunity to give her the reply through hand written letters and getting a new reply after a week, few magical touches of her fingers, getting her rare glimpse from the lonely roof top or her sudden glance through window panes were all so inspirational and so romantic and rare nostalgic moments.  

And then those mistakes, the teenage immaturity and anger, and new world waiting for each other left the story incomplete without an ending.

But...we valued relationship. Because those days, we had to wait month long to apolozize for our mistakes. 

I realized once again that those long lost unsuccessful moments are still the sweetest memories of my life. 30 years is a long time. The days are also gone with the wind. But then the drizzle at the Mussoorie hills brought back the sweet fragrance of those nostalgic reminiscences with a sudden rain down the memory lane.

Before I could rub my eyes and watch her further through my rain dripped spects, she disappeared in the crowd like she did years back just like the far away lights lost behind the thick fog and clouds.

You forget about a chapter. She wasn't even a paragraph in my life. But then she was my first love. And that first drop of rain on my eyelid I will never forget. 


You can visit Straight Forward Joyjit for more articles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I wonder what you are ?

Nature births raindrops so that our souls can grow. Rain is the greatest therapy of our mind and soul.